QuickBooks Online (QBO) is accounting software accessible by being completely online! It eliminates the need to have a centralized “accounting computer” and enables users to access it from anywhere they have internet access, at any time.
Shortcuts to Streamline QBO
Part of the enjoyment of learning QBO is also learning about the shortcuts to increase efficiency. I’ve spoken to a number of QBO users and they weren’t aware there were these shortcuts. So I thought it would be a great idea to share them with you.
To use any of the following shortcuts simply press CTRL + ALT + “ “ the key below:
I seldom use the following shortcuts but they can be very handy for some users. These are date shortcuts that you can use by placing your cursor in a date field in QBO:
- T – enters today’s date
- W – enters the first day in the week
- K – enters the last day in the week
- Y – enters the first day in the year
- R – enters the last day in the year
- M – enters the first day in the month
- H – enters the last day in the month
QBO Learning Options
You might be wondering what your QBO learning options are? QuickBooks offers some great videos that can help you at various stages. And of course there is YouTube, along with generic type classroom environments.
QBO One-on-One Learning
What we offer at The Montana Group is one-on- one personalized training.
Usually the customer comes in with their documentation, or access to documentation through such ports as Google Drive or DropBox.
Together we develop an agenda of what we want to accomplish in the two hour session, then get started. This alone creates the benefits of learning, getting work done and having a reference of what was learned.
Here are a few aspects that make learning with The Montana Group unique:
1. We work together in a clean, comfortable and private boardroom, centrally located in Newmarket.
2. We use a large internet connected monitor so visuals are bright and clear. No leaning in to try and share a laptop monitor, or sitting side by side at a desk.
3. Everything we say and do is being recorded. The end result is a 2 hour video that will be emailed to you within 2 hours of the completed session.
No more writing numerous notes, while trying to learn! Then hoping you can read and understand those notes once you get back to work. And the video helps you share the experience with staff and partners, creating a greater learning reach.
4. If learning is required from a distance, or ongoing learning is required in shorter time frames, we can work together virtually. No need to leave the comfort of your office or home. With a shared screen and everything being recorded you have the benefits of learning, accomplishing work and having a video reference of HOW TOs and WHYS.
Embrace technology and the possibilities are endless!
So if you’re new to QBO and need to start from the beginning, or need help with what you’ve done or need to do – contact me. I would be happy to meet with you in person or have a telephone call or virtual meeting to determine if we can help you with your needs and create your successes.
You can connect with me by clicking the contact tab at the bottom of the screen if you are reading this post on the website. Or you can leave your information in the form of a comment right here on the site.
Until next time,